1.Cape Verde Property Investments Ltd does not accept any responsibility for any price or representation of value of any property or land featured on this site or any website linked from www.capeverdeproperty.co.uk. All properties advertised on the website or as a result of our search facility on other websites linked to capeverdeproperty.co.uk are featured in good faith and no responsibility can be accepted for properties with incorrect prices or description or properties that have been sold prior to any visit arranged by ourselves. Properties can be sold without agents notifying us. Please check with us prior to booking any flights that prices have not increased or that the property is still available to the best of our knowledge.
2. Within the site you may find links or references to third party materials and third party web sites outside the site. We accept no liability in respect of the contents of such materials or sites. We should not be taken to be endorsing, publishing, permitting or authorizing such sites or materials. We are not a party to, or responsible for, any transaction concerning goods or services available from such third party web sites.
3. The advertising on the site does not constitute any part of an offer or contract. You should not rely on the statements in such advertising as statements or representations of fact - you should carry out your own checks as to the suitability of any property or other items advertised on the site. Where a property or land is advertised on our websites it is your responsibility through your own legal representation to ensure that all titles and where appropriate licenses and planning permissions are correct and in place before proceeding as we can not be held responsible for any loss of deposits or monies due to the negligence of agents and developers abroad.
4. All data collected via this site remains confidential and will not be used by anyone else other that Cape Verde Property Investments Ltd for its own purposes and marketing. You have the right to request exemption from marketing activities by emailing us at email@example.com, you also have the right to access any data we hold about you.
5. Cape Verde Property Investments Ltd disclaims all warranties with regard to information including all implied warranties of satisfactory quality and fitness contained within this site. Measurements are approximate and no responsibility is taken for any error, omission or misunderstanding in these particulars, which do not constitute an offer or contract. In no event shall Cape Verde Property Investments Ltd be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this information. No representation or warranty whatever is made or given either during negotiation, in particular or elsewhere.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented this privacy notice to inform you of the types of data we process about you. We also include within this notice the reasons for processing your data, the lawful basis that permits us to process it, how long we keep your data for and your rights regarding your data. This notice applies to potential customers, current customers and business partners.
1. DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that: - processing is fair, lawful and transparent - data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes - data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing - data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay - data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose - data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures we comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data
2. TYPES OF DATA HELD
We keep several categories of personal data in order to carry out effective and efficient processes. Specifically, we may hold the following types of data: - personal details such as name, address, phone numbers, email address, passport details - information gathered via business partners and lead providers such as that entered into a reservation form, online interest submission or expression of interest form - details relating to pay administration such as bank account details - information relating to client’s property purchases and sales and business partners commission agreements
3. COLLECTING YOUR DATA
We receive data directly from clients via enquiries via websites and sales offices. In some cases, we will collect data about you from third parties, such as lead providers and business partners. Personal data is kept in files or within the Company’s computer system.
4. LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The law on data protection allows us to process your data for certain reasons only. In the main, we process your data in order to comply with a legal requirement or in order to effectively manage your purchase or sale and to provide relevant updates on your purchase or sale.
5. FAILURE TO PROVIDE DATA
Your failure to provide us with data may mean that we are unable to fulfil our requirements for entering into a contract with you. This could include being unable to purchase and promote our product or for us to administer contractual benefits.
6. WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
Employees within our company who have a responsibility for administrating and processing to perform tasks such as those mentioned ‘Activities requiring your data’ . All employees with such responsibility have been trained in ensuring data is processing in line with GDPR. Data is shared with third parties for the following reasons: - promissory contacts, addendums, revocations, contract of assignments relating to legal process. - business partners for the purpose of requesting legal contracts to be issued for a client meeting providing the client has submitted and signed a reservation form confirming they are happy for their completed legal contract to be sent to the business partner. We may need to share your data with bodies outside of the European Economic Area. We have put measures in place to ensure that your data is transferred securely and that the bodies who receive the data that we have transferred process it in a way required by EU and UK data protection laws.
7. PROTECTING YOUR DATA
We are aware of the requirement to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented processes to guard against such.
8. RETENTION PERIODS
We only keep your data for as long as we need it for, which will be at least for the duration of your custom and interest with us though in some cases we will keep your data for a period after your custom has ended.
9. RELEVANT INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold on you: -the right to be informed about the data we hold on you and what we do with it; -the right of access to the data we hold on you. -the right for any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you, however they come to light, to be corrected. -the right to have data deleted in certain circumstances. -the right to restrict the processing of the data; -the right to transfer the data we hold on you to another party. -the right to object to the inclusion of any information; -the right to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This means that we will stop processing your data.
11. MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you think your data rights have been breached, you are able to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner (ICO). You can contact the ICO at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or by telephone on 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745.
12. USE OF THE INTERNET
We use a high level of security to protect your Personal Data, but cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online over the Internet and will not hold Cape Verde Property or our associate companies responsible for any breach of security. Emails are not a 100% secure or reliable method of communication. Cape Verde Property accepts no responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result of interception or non receipt of an e-mail. It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is virus protected. Cape Verde Property accepts no responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing or downloading information from this site. Any links on this website may lead you to websites which are not under the control of Cape Verde Property. Such links are provided for your convenience and do not represent any endorsement or recommendation by Cape Verde Property.
13. DATA PROTECTION COMPLIANCE
Our appointed compliance officer in respect of our data protection activities is: Adrian Lillywhite